The WCPSS Transportation Department will put new practices into place for the 2014-15 school year with the goal of improving bus service for families.
These changes will mainly affect new families moving into Wake County, and include:
If your child is currently not riding the bus, is eligible for transportation and wants to ride the bus next year, you may request transportation for them online starting May 30 at www.wcpss.net.
Painless Fundraiser - Ink Cartridge and Phone Recycling - Lynn Road is again collecting
used inkjet and laserjet ink
cartridges as well as old cell
phones to raise money for our
school. Cartridges and Phones
can be collected from home,
work, friends or neighbors. Thank you for your support.
School Tours - If you would like to schedule a tour please contact the front office at 919-870-4074.
Kindergarten Pre-Registration/Registro de Kindergarten 2014-15 - Monday, January 13th thru Wednesday, January 15th from 8:00am - 5:00pm
To enroll you will need / Para matricular, usted necesitará:
1. Child’s Certified Birth Certificate/El acta de naciemento de su hija/o
2. Lease or electric, gas, or water bill/Comprobante de su domicilio (como una factura actual de electricidad y aqua)
3. Photo ID of parent/Una identificación con foto del padre o tutor legal.
4. Immunization records/Registro de vacunas
Lee Denim Day
Susan G. Komen
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF)
Sanderson Food Drive
Monthly newsletter from the PTA-emailed to parents with Memberhub access and paper copies to all families.
Monthly newsletter from the Principal
School Messenger for updates and reminders via phone
Awesome Website with updates, parent resources, and many important facts about Lynn Road
PAC meetings through the Title 1 team
Math workshops and materials-to help parents work with students on math
Curriculum nights-to help parents know how to work with students
Blogs - Classroom and Library Blogs
Podcasts - Lynn Road Pawscast
Wikis - Lions Den Wiki
Twitter - Library and PTA
Websites - Teacher and Grade Level
Fundraising that supports the school
School Gardens/Outdoor Learning Center - There are several gardens at Lynn Rd., sponsored by the PTA. These include a sensory garden, butterfly garden and NC Native garden. We also have several bird houses and have recently completed construction on an outdoor classroom. We hope these will enhance our students’ learning opportunities.
Software for the school
Books and educational items for the library
Curriculum Enhancement - PTA provides additional funding for each grade level to purchase educational materials, as well as school-wide enhancements including smart boards and educational software.
Cultural Arts - PTA hires artists and performers to work with our students and expose them to various Cultural Arts programs. Some of our programs have included an Opera Workshop and performance, Japanese Storytelling, Silk Banner Art, African Drum Performance, and a Writer-in-Residency.
Community-Building Programs - such as Bingo Night, Movie Night, Family Informational Meetings on topics parents have requested, Book Fair, Spring Carnival, Dinner and a Book, Kid’s Voting, Dine-out at community restaurants, Skate Nights, National Walk to School Day, McTeacher Night at McDonalds
Caring and Sharing - support to more than 100 families for the holidays
Monthly PTA meetings
Reading Incentive Program - We encourage students to “Take Time for Twenty!’ - to read 20 minutes a night, that is. Students track their minutes on a reading log, and when they have read 2,800 minutes, they receive a trophy. There are additional incentives for “Top Readers” and “Top Classes” every month, as well as school-wide incentives for reaching milestones.
Staff Appreciation/Hospitality - Our teachers and staff work hard and long hours to engage our students. We want to make sure they know how much we appreciate them. Through luncheons, special treats, and cards, we hope they know how much they mean to us.
Support with the BARKS program
PTA bulletin board of events
PTA bulletin board of reading log progress
PTA bulletin board of events
2013-2014 School Year Goals:
1. To continue to offer Cultural Arts programs that enhance the learning experience of each child at Lynn Road.
2. To continue with fundraising efforts that will allow us to put more money and resources back into the classroom for curriculum enhancement, software purchases, books, etc.
3. Strive to make sure that every parent/guardian understands that their attitude towards education is a significant indicator of their child’s future educational success. The more families we can reach and get involved, the more successful our students and school will be.
4. Make sure our teachers and staff knows that each one of them is loved and appreciated. We entrust our precious cargo to them every day with full confidence in their ability to guide, teach and protect their growing minds. We are grateful for them and we want them to know it.
5. Celebrate our diversity. We are a very diverse school. Instead of seeing this as a barrier to building relationships within our Lynn Road community, we want to use it as an incredible opportunity to learn from each other and appreciate the richness in our differences.
Instructional Resource Teacher
Special Education Teachers
Title 1 Reading Teachers
Title 1 Math Teachers
Professional library for staff and parents
Intervention Alignment Team
Weekly Professional Learning Team meetings (PLTs)
Student art work in the library
Lion Trac News - Morning News Broadcast
Tile wall in the foyer
Work displayed outside of classrooms
Rocket Math Wall
Super Stars Bulletin Board
Teacher and Teacher Assistant of the Year
Spotlight on Students
Lion Pride Award monthly to a staff member
Total Connections articles
Before School Chorus Group
Character Trait Awards recognized monthly
Community photograph bulletin board
Lynn Road Honor Patrol